Password:
:: I forgot my password
Menu
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» I got banned
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:51 am by vlad the impaler

» Lesson #30
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» Impaler Decks(TM)
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:52 am by vlad the impaler

» Whad Up Guys
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 11:39 am by vlad the impaler

» My Personal Karakuri's
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:01 pm by vlad the impaler

» Hello, Vlad here
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:21 pm by vlad the impaler

» New Images I made !
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:02 pm by Head Master X

» the dorm names are really unoriginal
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:37 am by Head Master X

» Moderator/admin or something of the sort application
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:06 am by Aster Phoenix

» Welcome to the Junk Explorer Team!
Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:32 pm by chaunsea

Forum Width

Starter Guide For Intermediate Players

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Head Master X
WebMaster
WebMaster
Head Master X

Starter Guide For Intermediate Players Empty
PostSubject: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Welcome to Yu-Gi-Oh!
Here I will be explaining all about what you will need to know before you start to duel basically the basics.
For starters it's best to find a type of deck online and just start to use it as your own. Now i know that some of you think "Deck Webbing" is wrong, but for starters it's a very useful technique! So now that you have your deck it's time to find out your style of dueling. your style of dueling si how you should make all your decks revolve around. Everyone has thier own style and you will have your own once you find it.
Now if your making a deck of your own these are some steps you should follow:

-Step 1: Find an archetype that works fo you! You don't want to be using a deck that you don't like to use.

-Step 2: Format your deck with the basic core cards of that archetype. All decks have a least 3 main core cards in it.

-Step 3: Make your Extra Deck for your main deck to work with. Like if your were running "Tuners" you would need to run a "Synchro" based Extra Deck. The same goes for the "XYZ" based decks, if you are running lots of cards that special summon monsters of the same level then include "XYZ" monsters in your Exra Deck that are the same Rank as they are the most common levels that are summoned in the Main Deck.

-Step 4: Test your deck with friends. when your making a deck you want friens that can provide a challenge for yuor deck to help you test your deck. You may need to do this multiple times before you get it right.

-Step 5: Make your deck better s you go along. See when your dueling with your deck and you see things that don't allow your deck to work in the way you want it then find some other cards to help make that better, for instance: say your running an "XYZ" based deck then your probably gonna want to run the Tour Guide Engine and or the Rescue Rabbit Engine fr your XYZ's

-Step 6: Finish your build and use it for a while. See once you've found a build that works for you then stick with it and then later on when you feel it's time for a new deck start the process over again until one day you have like 10 to 15 decks!

-Step 7: Learn to predict your opponent's next moves. See a good thing to know how to do is to be able to predict what's coming next from your opponent. Like if you predict they are about to Black Rose Dragon pop then set a solemn warning to stop it. There are many ways to predict what your opponent is about to do like from my last example if you have a big field and they have a level 3 or 4 tuner and a non-tuner of the opposite of the level of the tuner that they can get easitly on the field the next turn then you cna probably predict that the Black Rose Dragon is coming.

-Step 8: Learning your Rulings. Like all games Yu-Gi-Oh has rules and they can get very complicated and especially when you get to the Effect timings and speeds. so fammiliarize yourself with the rulings of such cards as you go along.( You will be able to download a copy of the Latest Rule Book at the top of this Guide.)

-Step 9: Learning the MetaGame. Like all lot of games Yu-Gi-Oh has a MetaGame. The MetaGame is all about what decks are being used the most and what decks are the best. Yuo can usually find these decks at your local tournaments and even on Dueling Network or such things. Understanding what's good against the current MetaGame decks is a good way to become a real duelist.

-Step 10: Becoming an Advanced Duelist. When your dueling you'll start to notice that alot players seem to be really good at dueling, maybe it's becuase they have been dueling for a while... maybe, but heres what they are called.. Advanced Duelists, the one thing they have in common is the fact that they know their rulings and know what the MetaGame is like. Here's the thing, you don't have to have played for a long time to get to this point you just have to know these steps to becoming an Intermediate Duelist you just learned.

Rule Book V8.0
March 2012 Banlist

Thank you for your time and cooperation, Have a nice day of Dueling and Yu-Gi-OH
Back to top Go down
https://x-duelacademy.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Ok man
Back to top Go down
N Harmonia

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:26 pm

(Link goes here deleted by Devan since it kinda advertising DA)

Why you copy our entire academy fail motherfuckers?
Back to top Go down
ditto
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
ditto

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

N u is so mean...nice guide honestly
Back to top Go down
Head Master X
WebMaster
WebMaster
Head Master X

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:25 am

Well guess what n i took it all down you can be happy now
so leave me the fuck alone!!!!
Back to top Go down
Head Master X
WebMaster
WebMaster
Head Master X

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:26 am

thnx ditto
Back to top Go down
Daltorus I. Xeno

Daltorus I. Xeno

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:26 pm

Or maybe the so called Advanced Duelist keep using a stratigy that others have created that can OTK or anything along those lines. Those "Advanced Duelist" are, as i like to call them, Meta Players, who have no imagination of their own. This is spoken from the heart.
Back to top Go down
ditto
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
ditto

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Daltorus...not all of them are Meta Players...my alien deck beats almost every current Meta Deck...it isn't the deck that matteers, it is the duelist...unless the deck really sucks
Back to top Go down
Daltorus I. Xeno

Daltorus I. Xeno

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:57 am

It is both the duelist and the deck. A deck can connect with many people, and a duelist feels a stong bond with a deck. A duelist does need to know how a deck works, but the deck itself also has to flow correctly for its true potential to be unleashed. And the best part about a deck is that there are millions of stratigies and features duelists can use their imagination for, even some going as far as building real decks from scratch, with nothing but a type similarity or a common effect.

When I look at Meta Players, I see a duelist who thinks he's all that just because he can pull off OTKs or Troll. It's not the deck I mostly hate, it's the way people change and think when they use them, where their imagination dulls and instead of creating an underdog deck that can rise to the top, they twiddle thier thumbs waiting for the new meta archetype. And the way they think they know better then everyone and have nothing positive to say about a slightly imperfect deck just pisses me off. It ruined my tournament experience in the past, and I'm sure that there are some duelist who feel the same.
Back to top Go down
ditto
Senior Admin
Senior Admin
ditto

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:55 am

I use X-sabers competitively and beat a few YCS decks...not when Sabers were top tier either. Simply be better than those guys.
Back to top Go down
vlad the impaler

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:50 pm

are karakuri currently top tier?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter Guide For Intermediate Players   Starter Guide For Intermediate Players Empty

Back to top Go down

Starter Guide For Intermediate Players
Page 1 of 1